Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Hello, i was having some issues with my homepod so i set it to factory settings on the homepod itself. Now, i hear the horn sound every 30 while it is powered on...
Also, when i try to pair iphone 8 with it, it shows "Homepod" on - nearby accessories. I click on it and click on setup. Chose a room and waited for it to setup. It then gives me error "Setup failed (-71160)...need help

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
What do you mean horn sound? What do you mean buzzing sound?

I fixed the homepod by firmware update by luck and now it plays music but again this buzzing sound come in between and the homepod shuts down...any help
I think i may have unplugged my homepod while resetting it...any ideas?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
You need to be more specific about what the sound is. Firstly you say it’s buzzing then you say it’s a horn. Please try to help us to help you.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
You need to be more specific about what the sound is. Firstly you say it’s buzzing then you say it’s a horn. Please try to help us to help you.

Its a buzzing sound that lasts aroung 1 second...it shuts down the homepod while playing music

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Its a buzzing sound that lasts aroung 1 second...it shuts down the homepod while playing music

Ok thanks. Might be an odd thing but have you tried the HomePod in a different power outlet? I don’t think it’s that but stranger things have happened. Also, have you tried another full factory reset?

* Turn off the HomePod
* Turn on the HomePod
* After 5 seconds press and hold the top touch area till prompted about the reset

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Ok thanks. Might be an odd thing but have you tried the HomePod in a different power outlet? I don’t think it’s that but stranger things have happened. Also, have you tried another full factory reset?

* Turn off the HomePod
* Turn on the HomePod
* After 5 seconds press and hold the top touch area till prompted about the reset

Tried that quite a few times but still same problem...any ideas?
Also, just need to know a couple of things:
- How does the homepod connect to the net? By itself or through the iphone?
- When it plays music, where does it get the music from?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Send it back if it’s under warranty. I’ve no more ideas. Sounds faulty. And it connects directly to your WiFi.

Apple Music or from your phone or Apple TV when you AirPlay.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Send it back if it’s under warranty. I’ve no more ideas. Sounds faulty. And it connects directly to your WiFi.

Apple Music or from your phone or Apple TV when you AirPlay.

How to connect a working HomePod to the internet since I see no buttons on the HomePod?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
How to connect a working HomePod to the internet since I see no buttons on the HomePod?

The same way you did it when you first had it.

* Factory reset it

* Put your iPhone next to it

* Follow the instructions to pass the WiFi and Apple ID to the HomePod

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
The same way you did it when you first had it.

* Factory reset it

* Put your iPhone next to it

* Follow the instructions to pass the WiFi and Apple ID to the HomePod

Is it safe to reset the HomePod? Can it spoil the HomePod?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.