BWii or MoH2?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hi all,
    So I'm trying to decide if I want BWii or Medal of Honor 2. From the looks of it, I'll enjoy BWii as a single player more (I was never much into single player FPS, and I generally suck horribly at them, though I love Metroid Prime 3), but I'm thinking MoH2 will have better online. While I'm bad, and I mean *bad* at FPS's on consoles, I enjoy the multiplayer aspect. What do you guys think? If you had to choose between these two games, which would you go with, keeping in mind I won't be that much into the single player part of MoH2?

(I know it doesn't translate directly over, but I love games like WC3 and SC, and BWii seems somewhat similar to them from what I've seen, at least in the idea of controlling a large army).

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Tough one, but I'm leaning towards MoH2, but I would like own both at the moment.

I wasn't into MoH2 before this week. I thought it was going to be a so so arcade WiiS2 shooter and hadn't seen that they actually put some effort into making the game right for the Wii. I also didn't know about its online support and that it was a traditional FPS. Anyway, I'm tempted to pick it up since I got my $25 gift card from ToysRus and might do so this weekend.

BWii looks fun, but I never got into the first ones for the Cube. But the Wii's pointer and online play are probably what the game needs to be great.

WC3 is by far the best game I've ever bought, it's provided me with years upon years of replay value. Every-time I stop playing it, some new mod or updated mod(DOTA) is released which sucks me back in. :)

<]=)

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I currently have BWii, I like it. The 1 player is sadly a little short and easy, but the online is fun. I'm looking into MoH, looks great but I'm not sure.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Now I have both. I bought two copies of BWii at ToysRus along with Fire Emblem, which I got for free. I'm going to give a copy of BWii to my friend so we can play online. ToysRus was completely baron of all games. I'm glad I bought my Mario Galaxy last week before this sale. :)

Anyway, I heard Fire Emblem's story sucks, which was the case on the GBA, but if its battles are as good I'll really enjoy the game until about half way, then give up. :)

<]=)

5. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'm out of the loop...help me on this anagram.
    BWii? :confused:

6. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Battalion Wars II

7. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

So if you have both, which do you recommend? I heard that you can't play MoH2 with friends at your house, it has to be online. Is that true? Are the controls in BWii good, with good multiplayer?

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

This is BWii. :)

MoH2 is only online, same goes for BWii. First we have no online, now these games don't have local play. :eek: I don't mind this, but they should at least offer LAN play. I will be playing online this week with my friend, but bringing my Wii over to his place to play, so we can be local. Hey, it works for me, but imagine the latency. :)

Between the two it really comes down to if you wan a FPS or a strategy game at the moment. I really like MoH2 and have been addicted to it, but it's just another FPS -- a fun one at that. I have high hopes for its online play. I haven't really played enough BWii to be the judge. I'll have a better idea by tomorrow. I would play it now, but I need to finish a job.

The single player controls on BWii from what I've tried are good. You aim with your Wiimote, select troop groups with your d-pad. I like that you can roll a selected troop by tilting the nun-chuck in the direction of your stick; This is great! I like it just as much as the leaning around corner feature in MoH2, which is also a nun-chuck tilt. Driving the missile launcher -- it's in the beginning -- was fun. The turret aims with the Wiimote, which made it easy for me to hit bombers. I've only played the first 3 missions, but I can really see myself getting sucked into the game. I love the art direction!

Anyways, GET BOTH!!! :D

And to ramble off subject. Fire Emblem is a Cube game, it doesn't even use the Wiimote's pointer. It's a gamepad only game! :eek: I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I'm annoyed by that aspect since it just came out it seems and it's a first party game.

<]=)

9. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Thanks for the reviews, let me know what you think about BWii after a little more playtime.

No local in either game :confused::mad:, that's really disappointing. What were they thinking???