By when do you think a product will be released where Jobs has zero part in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SydneyJunkie, Oct 7, 2011.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

This is where Apple is put to the test. Alot of people are bashing Cook about the 4s but that was all Steve too. I'm almost certain the iPhone 5 blueprint has been made a long time ago. iPad 4? How far was Steve vision for the future?

2. -Ozzy- macrumors member

Probably nowhere near the future. Steve was such a perfectionist and visionary, that he probably gave "concepts" of new innovative products that apple can develop little by little over time, for a looooong time.

Just think about it, he orchestrated just about everything, and knowing he was terminally ill, he definitely prepared apple for years ahead to come. Like i said, even if they are just raw concepts, apple at least has a base to work with. He even said:

That tells me that he'll live in apple just like John Lennon still lives in music today :)

3. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I'm reading he has nearly 4 years of designs left behind, along with a huge team that was put together just to take the company into the future without him.

4. shadrap macrumors 6502

Honestly, iOS is his vision. So his imprint will be there for a long time. I think beginning with the next iPhone. Because he will not give his input on the final build. A product vision for the next 4 years does not equal details all the way down to the pixel.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Popular Press

Opinion seems to indicate that Steve left behind a product legacy of around two years. With the MBP to shortly be revamped, probably an iPad 3 in a year or so, possibly as you say a completely new iPhone, although I have my doubts as to that one.....With the A5 in it now and the extra features IOS5 will bring to it.

Steve has left Apple in pretty good shape going forward. The acid test will be when his product designs and ideas are exusted, but there are plenty of smart cookies to keep things rolling along.

Plenty of accessories in the pipeline too.....My friends at Apple have told me of thunderbolt stufff such as higher capacity SSD's and other interesting developments on the way.

Sad as his passing is, he knew it was coming, and obviously prepared the company for new products prior to his demise.