Bye iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LWP777, Mar 7, 2011.

1. LWP777 Suspended

Well after about 2 years of using my iPhone 3GS, I have officially switched back to Sprint and purchased a Samsung Epic. Unfortunately, Sprint is the only service that works reliably in my house and my surrounding neighborhood. I loved my iPhone so much that I purchased a Microcell so that the phone would at least work in my house. However, I have to end phone calls a mile away from home because AT&T will drop the call. Also, AT&T is by far the WORST carrier in my area (Northern CA). I get at least 2-3 dropped calls per day. I despise AT&T. Verizon is an option but, again, that carrier doesn't work in my house either.

I've held out for this long and dealt with the hassles because I loved my iPhone so much and everything synced beautifully with my MBP and iPad. I'll be saving about $40 per month with Sprint because my wife and I can go on a shared plan and she has a corporate discount. While the Epic isn't an iPhone, it's still rather impressive. I like that I can customize the screens (I never JB'ed my iPhone) and the screen resolution is amazing.

I'll see you guys down the road when Sprint hopefully gets the iPhone. If anybody is interested in purchasing my Microcell, send me a PM.

2. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well you got an ipad and MBP so you can stick around the forum right? :rolleyes: I guess what some others said is right, pick the carrier then the phone. Or get an ipod touch and use voip. :p

3. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Why do people post threads like this? Sorry it didn't work out for you buddy, but what does this post do for anyone in the iPhone forum? Seriously.

And I don't think you're supposed to advertise stuff in your posts.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

well that sucks, I couldn't imagine giving up my iPhone. I'm shocked that Verizon doesnt work in your house either... after listening to Verizon fanboys you would think the service works in every little hole and crevice of the United states.

5. seismicworm macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I feel for you, but we all should choose the best carrier for your area then choose the phone second. Good luck with the Evo and buy a car charger and an extra wall charger for your place of employment. ;)

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If the iPhone isn't working out for you then you made the right decision. I hope you enjoy your Epic.

7. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Bye empty cereal box

Just want you guys to know that today, I threw my empty cereal box in the recycle bin. It was empty. I really enjoyed eating those cereals but again, the box was empty.

I just felt I had to share it with you all.

8. 7031 macrumors 6502

Damn I feel for you man. You know I heard those corn flakes were meant to be better than those other cereals, but I guess what they say is right, pick the nutritional values, then the cereals.

9. naths macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why don't you buy a sim free iPhone and cut the sprint sim down to a micro sim? Is that not possible in the US?

10. jaexprojectxd macrumors newbie

jaexprojectxd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There is no sim card for him to cut being that Sprint is CDMA, not GSM.

11. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

win!!!

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well you need to pick the carrier that provides the best coverage in your area and if that carrier doesn't have the iPhone. Why torture yourself with slow 2G speeds.

Android based phones are excellent and provide a solid user experience. People are choosing them because they get the job done. While they may not have some of the intangibles that the iPhone/iOS has. They're good.

Good luck and enjoy your phone.

13. ikaveh macrumors regular

you could easilly jailbreak/unlock your iphone 3gs and use it on sprint.

14. seajay96 macrumors 6502

As was said above, Sprint is CDMA, not GSM. To my knowledge, there is no way to "unlock" a CDMA iPhone from Verizon and activate it on Sprint. It just doesn't work that way. The OP made the only real decision available.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No he can't. Sprint=CDMA and the the 3GS is GSM. If the OP opted for the CDMA iPhone 4, he'll not be able to use it on sprint since sprint doesn't have the iphone 4 IMEI numbers in their database and they'll not be able to activate that phone on their network.

16. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Wonderful comment. :D

17. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

The Epic is nice phone, if you could have waited a few months longer maybe you could have gotten the rumored Nexus S 4G going to Sprint. I wouldnt leave my IP4 but i'd like a little side action of the S just to check it out.

18. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Actually I thought this was an interesting thread. If we just try and live in the confined world of happy Apple users, how does anyone get any perspective? You didn't need to reply to it of course! :D

Fair comment there though!

19. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

i heard that verizon iphone 4 was unlocked to use on US cellular .. maybe it will be able to use iphone 4 on sprint too.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You heard wrong.

21. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

if you dont mind me asking, what part of No. Cali are you in? I live in Auburn, Ca. and have had an iPhone since 2007 when they came out and currently have a 4, i've never had any issues with dropped calls or service issues except for when i work in the bay area...

22. zenio macrumors 6502

I'm so impressed with your brilliant thread. Surely Steve Jobs could use you at Apple.

23. Grouchy Bob macrumors regular

2 years of agony just so you can own a pricey iPod Touch that occasionally lets you talk on it?

Something wrong here. I'd be embarrassed to post such an admission.

24. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

i love that....say some more!