bye iphone

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by oplix, Dec 4, 2013.

1. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

you really screwed it up with ios 7. Moto X shipping soon.

2. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

What's wrong with iOS 7? Is it too modern? BTW, Android is a great platform if you want to get malware and confusion.

3. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

Haha the brainwashing still works..

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

How much malware and confusion did you experience?

5. yinz macrumors 6502a

6. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

not really sure if its in the malware category, but I have downloaded a few apps in the past that spam my device with ads in my notifications area.

you would never see this on IOS.

With that said, I like Android just as much as IOS, they both have strengths and weeknesses, however TC good luck getting updates right away (biggest problem with non Nexus phones)

Edit: I would also love to know what TC didn't like about IOS7, think it was a well needed heck of a huge update that added so many awesome features.

8. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

In my 4 years of Android device ownership I think I've seen ONE ad in my notification area.

As for not getting quick updates. The Moto X (the device the OP bought) had 4.4 before most (if not all) Nexus devices.

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

News to me...nobody I know has experienced that.

10. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Funny bc ios7 stole me from android...

Although moto x almost stole me back..... haha

Op you will be happy.

Can't go wrong with either. I will say this, I found a few apps I use non stop on iOS that just are pointless on android.

11. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Oh Christ....WASTELAND here we come!

Both platforms are excellent for different reasons....get over yourself needing to publish "iphone sux, here i come Android yay!".

Similarly, gotta love the "Android is all malware and confusion" posts that are equally as ignorant and the only type of posts these threads ever spawn.

Do yourself a favor (and the rest of us who have to wade through hundreds of these threads) - be happy in your decision and move on. Discuss the phone you bought in the appropriate Moto X thread, or if you want to discuss the pros and cons to each, do so in a way that invites real discussion....

Just some friendly tips from someone who uses both, likes both, and hates these pointless troll bait threads.

12. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

hopefully that starts a trend because most moto devices didn't even get Jellybean

13. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

That's the old moto phones. The first true moto phone after Google took over is Moto X.

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Guys, are you really falling for it? :eek:

15. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

Moto X is a great choice. I moved from an iPhone 5 to it last week and have absolutely loved it.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Only confusion here is.... Why didn't the OP switch earlier? :p

17. cynics macrumors G3

I'd be embarrassed to admit any stock mobile OS was "confusing".

18. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I trust jrswizzle to always bring sense to a thread.

+1

19. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I stopped reading right there.

20. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

I've been wondering the same thing...:apple: I wasn't sure about iOS 7 at first, but I got it and loved it. After the update I don't like iOS 6 at all.

21. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Haha, much appreciated. I've got such smartphone upgrade fatigue....not looking at switching anything for a while!

Unless of course Apple releases an "iNote" type phone....then I may have to ditch Android all together :p

22. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

You and me both ;)

23. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

My reasons really have nothing to do with the validity of such a large device or my desire to use a stylus.

I simply would like to try out this experience on a device and OS that doesn't suck (in this case, I'm referring to Samsung's crappy feaux leather and TouchWiz).

I need an iOS device that is JUST different enough from my regular iPhone to warrant using both side-by-side. I considered a 5C because the design is different and I really do love the feel and design of the plastic. But ultimately, its the same phone as my 5S (experience-wise).

Until Apple branches out a bit, I'll likely just stick to one Android (Nexus), one iPhone and upgrades as often as I can swing em.

24. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I can understand that, personally I have no issue with touchwiz so the Note 3 fits right into my lifestyle. I also like to have an iOS device readily available and would prefer a bigger screen than an iPhone but not quite as big as an iPad mini because I move around a lot at work and don't want to tote a man purse, so i guess a 5s will suffice for now until Apple decides to move into the 5 inch region.

Right around a 4.7 to 5 inch iPhone and an Android phablet device would be my sweet spot. The luxury of almost having a tablet and the portability of having both OS's on hand.

25. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that's happened before with my nexus 7. I think it would be considered malware since it's adware. Someone said they got rid of apps with air push ads though. I can't believe that **** was allowed in the Play Store anyway.