Byline updated - now has folders

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TwiceNightly, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Just a quick note to those of you that have Byline RSS reader, it was just updated and now has folder views.

It also has a new "wooden" look which will be love or hate, I really like it. The only thing I'm not sure about is the new icon.

2. Nutter macrumors 6502

For those who haven't already purchased Byline, the new version is available at $3.99 for a limited time.

3. Project macrumors 68020

why does it not support individual subscriptions? Seems like the most blindingly obvious feature to put in.

4. TwiceNightly thread starter macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Well, you can kind of make it support individual subscriptions by giving each feed it's own folder in Google Reader

5. odelay macrumors 6502

Hmmm. Tried it, but still not as quick or nice interface as the Google webapp. I'm gonna hold out for Gazette I think. Hopefully that'll give me the same functionality as the webapp, but with the addition of offline reading:

http://web.me.com/matt.rajca/

6. Project macrumors 68020

True, but that would be like creating an iTunes playlist for each album in your library.

7. TwiceNightly thread starter macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Yeah good point, it does work though, I just tried it.

Another option would be to create folders for specific things instead, like "iphone news" and put all your iphone rss news feeds in that, that kinda thing.

Gazette looks pretty good too!!!!

8. UKmacman macrumors regular

I find that 'Feeds' is much better. You simply type in the feeds you want and then they appear - easy.

I did start off using byline but now never do, and the upgrade really hasn't solved the issue mentioned above. It looks nice but I want my feeds to be separate. Sorry.