Bypass Activation Lock?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iTom17, Sep 14, 2015.

1. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

Hello everyone,

So I'm intern at a school for my training as an Desktop Support Technician. At this school, students are able to 'rent' an iPad as their secondary learning tool. I've been given a few of these iPads and was asked to reset them all completely to factory settings. The problem however, is that they're all using a passcode AND they run iOS 7. Therefore resetting the iPads require me to fill in the Apple ID of the user it belonged to. Unfortunately I don't have access to that information.

I did perform some search for an attempt to get a suitable solution. One of them was putting the iPad in DFU mode followed by doing a reset right from iTunes, but this only works with iOS 6 and before. As of iOS 7, an Apple ID is needed due to Activation Lock enabled.

So can anyone please help me out with this? This would be very helpful!

EDIT: Ah, shoot. Just see that I put this one in the iOS 8 subforum. Sorry guys, was supposed to be in the iOS 7 subforum. :p

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can't bypass it and the school was stupid to offer the kids an unlocked iPad that they could put their own account into.

You need to find each child and get the passwords or ask them to turn iCloud lock off

3. chrfr macrumors 603

You can get Apple to reset them, but you'll need to provide ownership and purchase documentation. For the rest of your iPads, you need to manage them so that iCloud lock is disabled to prevent this from being a problem. https://support.apple.com/HT202804

4. iTom17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTom17

Thanks for the reply guys. Already managed to solve it thanks to the systems administrator. He was able to find out what the Exchange accounts of these users were (every student here has one) and changed the password through My Apple ID. This helped to get the iPads restored. :p