Bypass Digital Audio

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by vanderz, Aug 23, 2014.

1. vanderz macrumors newbie

I'm know this has probably been asked many times before, but my Digital Out is constantly stuck on. I used to be able to turn it off, using a tooth pick in the jack. But know i cant turn it off at all, no matter what i do. I just want to be able to use the inbuilt speakers now and then.

Is there any way of bypassing the jack altogether?

Or a place where i can get a replacement jack from?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Peace.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This subforum may not be the best for this thread. What machine do you have the problem with?

3. vanderz thread starter macrumors newbie

Just realised, i saw another post similar to what i was asking and posted with out checking out the thread itself.

I've got a MacBook Pro Early 2011 model.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

Random thoughts, may be of help, maybe not...

If you find no way to repair the problem with the audio out port (and it's stuck on digital), I can think of a couple of ways to achieve an analog-out signal.

1. Get a USB audio-out dongle that has an analog-out jack, and use that
    or
    2. See if you can find some kind of DAC digital audio converter that has optical-IN -and- analog-OUT

Here's an example of #1 above:
    http://www.parts-express.com/51-cha...og-and-optical-spdif-audio-converter--180-962

I think this could be an example of #2 above (costs more but uses the audio-out port instead of a USB port:
    http://www.amazon.com/D3-Digital-Co...9&sr=1-3&keywords=toslink+to+analog+converter
    (even includes the necessary TOSlink cable)

5. vanderz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks dude, was trying to find a solution which enabled me to use my built in speakers. When your trying to get a group of people listen to some audio, it's not about headphone sharing.

The audio did work when heaphones where plugged in, its now not working, well the audio now sounds distorted. So i've resorted to getting a USB sound card. Thanks for the reply guys.