Bypass parental control time limits?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jonathan10, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathan10 macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to bypass parental control time limits without creating s new administrator account? I would really like too know, and dont post about how theres a reason my parents put them on because i really dont care :D. Thanks!

2. spidey3 macrumors regular

Dude, if you spend your entire life in front of the computer you will never get lucky. Go out and spend some time with humans.

3. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Yes, but involves the following...

1. Getting a Job
    2. Moving out of your parents house
    3. Buying your own computer

It's much cheaper and easier to put up with parental controls.:D

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Instead of spending so much time on the computer, you might learn some English grammar:

"like too know" should be "like to know"
    "dont" should be "don't"
    "theres" should be "there's"

5. cooky560 macrumors regular

cooky560

There are several:

1. After the limit logs you out, log back in again
    2. After the limit logs you out, go outside and play with your friends
    3. Ask your parents to discuss changing the limit
    4. Try and break your mac to find a loophole that lets you do this
    5. Ask others how to do 4

Do you really think 4 and 5 are wise choices?

6. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Well, you can use the restore disc to change the admin password. That should then allow you to log in to the administrator account and change the time limits. I've never done it, but I can't imagine why that wouldn't work. The thing is that your parents will realize something is wrong if they then try to log in to the admin account.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1274

7. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

There are several ways to do this though they involve hacking the Admin account, depending on the OSX version we are dealing with.

Isn't it simpler to just try and plead the case to improve your access? (If they find out that you've tried to hack the admin account they will just see this as justification for them limiting your access to begin with.)

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Jonathan, this is Dad. Go to bed and stop trying to mess with my parental controls.

9. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I don't know if we should necessarily be judgmental without understanding the situation fully. He could have a situation where his parents are unreasonable. It does happen.

10. aeneid macrumors member

LOL. I agree with the previous poster, but then again it's just a time limit. It's good for you. I know you hate it but I would just let it be. I can understand, my parents set time limits on my XBOX 360 playing time to 30 min. You've to be kidding me. Also, I think one of the posters may have been onto something with the log in/ out many times. IDK how time controls work, but I wonder if it's just per login or if it's registered for the day. I would say the second. Good luck figuring it out. Someone will eventually get you something.

Cheers

11. Sausagesauce macrumors newbie

Geez people just help him/her! Also, if you cand find their password you can open activity monitor and remove parentalcontrolsd.

12. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

That was so awesome of you to dig up a year old thread to suggest the community of MacRumors help the OP disobey his parents.

13. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

I'm glad my kids don't know about MacRumors.com

14. meme1255 macrumors 6502

It is okay in your opinions to bypass this type of limits if someone finds a way on his own? :confused:

15. Vegerot macrumors member

Vegerot

Activate the root account. Your parents will never find out.

16. Flixausmatrix macrumors newbie

And I found a way!!!!
    It is similar to unlocking root user:
    (reboot, press alt key while boot to boot in the recovery partition, open terminal in utilitys, enter 'resetpassword' and select root and assign new password and click ok. Than you have to reboot normally and at the start screen you press DOWN key and than alt+enter. In the fild you write root for user and you password for password.)

I on my MacBook Pro created a new admin account via single user mode. It works quite good. If you have admin access you can hide the user in the system. But this is too much to tell you now.

17. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Flixausmatrix is contributing to the deliquency of, what I assume is, a minor.

I'm buying him a beer.

18. TheParent macrumors newbie

Don't remove it

As a parent myself my child plays on his xbox 360 all the time he has no social life and not many friends I set up to parental controls on my sons xbox and he has therefore had more of a social life and is more active therefore he has a lead in the real world and not just sitting around playing some xbox games.

19. TheAdvisor macrumors newbie

find somebody who knows the password but instead of adding time you make them log in the adminstrator place and then u just alter the time ur self oh and it must be a chaotic time so everybody was like in a hurry so Nobody would think about it or get suspicious.

20. milevicsr macrumors newbie

Id say that you'd get a pretty good shot at doing something that wouldn't involve messing with the password. As someone going through the same thing, I´d say your best bet is to have them leave tracks on the keyboard so that all you´d have to do is figure out the order in which the password is typed. Sadly, I have no access to a hack of any kind, so this is all i can give you for advice. I´d recommend using some glow in the dark liquid, so that they won't really notice that they are leaving tracks in the keyboard.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Alert ► 4th time this thread has been resurrected from the dead :)

22. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Yup, and at least 3 of the resurrectors have not been on the site since the day they posted in this thread.

23. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Stop looking at this thread, MacDawg, for ways to bypass your parental controls. :)

24. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Still hoping for answers ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.