bypass whitelist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macman1993, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

I go to school and the wireless here has a whitelist so I can only go to sites teachers want for a specific homework assignment I know you can get past this as a few kids have but none will tell me how I do have full Internet if I plug in but it is so innvenient so can someone tell me how to get past the whitelist

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Depends, do they only allow certain sites and block all others or do they have a system that has a list of blocked sites?

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Don't do it. If you are found doing this you will be in extreme trouble. At the very least I would expect you will be banned from using the computers, more likely you will be suspended or even expelled.

It's not your network: you must learn to respect the owners (the schools) wishes.

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

True, I got caught and I only got off coz I know the technicians!

That said, everyone in my school gets into block sites and very few get into trouble.

I think you should just not get caught... Thats the key.

5. Macman1993 thread starter macrumors 6502

Macman1993

They have a list of approved sites everyhing else is blocked
    My school is not strict as long as I don't touch their stuff they would only update the security it happens all the times on the wired
    Internet withKids using proxies

6. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Thats annoying, no change of using a proxy website, then.

HOWEVER, there is another way. As you said in your post the wireless has blocked sites, I am assuming you are connecting your laptop to their Wi-Fi? If so, or if you have unrestricted options menus on the school's browser, you can get proxies and change them manually.

Assuming you have a Mac, look at this.

Then search Google for proxies.