Bypassing Admin Password

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bmw1609, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmw1609 macrumors newbie

So here's the deal:
    I need to find a way to get into the admin account on my school lap top. The way I did it last was reset the PRAM and get into safemode to delete a startup file so I could make another admin account and change passwords that way. BUT I'm pretty sure the IT people at my school did something weird to these things. When you take the battery and L-bracket out and remove a stick of RAM and all that and hold down option+command+P+R to reset the parameter RAM, it doesn't even restart or ding. I've done this many many times last year so there's no chance I'm doing wrong. It's not just my computer that won't boot into safemode either.
    I'm cool with using discs, but I don't know if I'd need an admin password to use them. :/
    Dilemma.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

if it's not your personal laptop, you don't need the admin account. If there's some problem you can't fix without it take it to your schools IT department they can fix it.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You won't find any help here on bypassing school lockouts. They are there for a reason.

4. JackHobbs macrumors regular

JackHobbs

If you need to bypass the admin password then you clearly are planning on doing something that your school, who paid for the laptop, don't want. I suggest you go and buy your own laptop.

The school has to pay for repairs, maintenance etc with your laptop, hence they retain control. If you don't like it, don't use it. Give it back to your school.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Sounds like that's exactly what has happened. They obviously did it to prevent people like you mucking about with their property.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.