Bypassing Cisco Clean Access?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by arice89, Sep 20, 2007.

1. arice89 macrumors newbie

Hey guys -

My high school has a network and according to our "helpdesk" only Windows PC's can connect. I was able to get a connection, but couldn't get on because the school employs Clean Access so only Windows machines can go on the internet. Is there anyway to bypass Clean Access or just any way around this issue all together WITHOUT running Bootcamp or Parallels?

Thanks.

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There's no way of bypassing it as such, but the tool is mainly aimed at Windows users and the assurance that Windows systems are up to date / uninfected. There is an OS X agent which allows access, but the deployment of this is dependent on a) the setup and b) the administrator on your network taking the (inadvisable, IMO - and an administrator probably wouldn't take that risk) assumption that OS X systems are inherently secure since there's no enforcement module.

So it depends primarily on your administrator's discretion as to whether you can access it directly from OS X.

3. klex macrumors regular

We use Cisco Clean Access at my school too. I'm currently on their network using clean access, so it does work on mac. Go back to the help desk and have them double check compatibility.