Bypassing iCloud Setup Wizard

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by shawn857, Nov 20, 2013.

1. shawn857 macrumors newbie

Hi Friends.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience on how to bypass the part of the setup wizard that prompts for your iCloud/AppleID info. When I touch .AppleSetupDone, it still asks for the other information after the user logs in for the first time after doing an upgrade to Mavericks.

Thanks

Shawn Knight

2. Jrtesq macrumors member

Not an answer for you, but I want to piggyback on your question.

After the latest Mavericks update, one of the users on my computer has been getting the AppleID prompt EVERYTIME she logs in (not just the first time).

The user is my young child, and she does not have an AppleID. I skip the prompt, then I get the Setting Up Your Mac graphics. After she logs out, the next time she logs in, same thing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

This also alters her dock, adding back apps that were previously removed.

This wasn't an issue until the latest update.

Are we stuck just reporting this as a bug and then waiting for a fix? Or is there a setting I'm overlooking?

3. hungryd macrumors newbie

we use a script to automate this process which, basically, makes changes to the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist file. our script is set to change the user template so that ANY user has this done in advance, but you can easily edit this to work for any standard +500 user account.

start your research here, though: Rich Trouton's Script

to note: on new accounts, you'll need to first create a login window dictionary.

for USER_TEMPLATE in "/System/Library/User Template"/*
    do
    defaults write "${USER_TEMPLATE}"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow -dict ”
    defaults write "${USER_TEMPLATE}"/Library/Preferences/loginwindow -dict ”
    defaults write "${USER_TEMPLATE}"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant DidSeeCloudSetup -bool TRUE
    defaults write "${USER_TEMPLATE}"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant GestureMovieSeen none
    defaults write "${USER_TEMPLATE}"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant LastSeenCloudProductVersion 10.9
    echo "The iCloud wizard in the $USER_TEMPLATE has been disabled."
    done