Bypassing Microsoft Exchange Block on iPhone OS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by L14M333, Feb 6, 2010.

  1. L14M333 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    #1
    Hello. I have an iPhone 3G what i have happily been using jail broken for months with my works mail being synced to it via microsoft exchange, However they decided to block the iPhone from receiving and sending Mail, Contacts and Calendars as it is thought to be a security threat and is not secure enough. So i had to sell my best ever phone. Not happy! after about 3 months with an onmia i have decided to use my sons phone to try and change the user agent of the whole device to something what doesn't envolve anything relating to iPhone (after reading up on the case i found that they block the device ID ect You Had Me At EHLO... : iPhone 2.0; Welcome to Exchange!) but im finding it hard to know what files to change. I know theres a toggle to change the UA of the MobileSafari app floating around on the modmyi repo in cydia but that dont change nothing to do with the mobileMail app, If anyone knows anything of can help me it would be great!

    Thanks

    Liam
     
  2. mitsitsad macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    #2
    really old thread but bump...i'm trying to figure this out myself
     
  3. L14M333 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    #3
    On cydia store.. the latest UserAgent Faker (can't remember the actual name) allows you to set what apps use what user agent from settings... maybe try that.. the bosses at my dads work all got iPhones so there allowed on the exchange again (lol)
     
  4. webcrush macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2010
    #4
    I worked for a company that shut off their Exchange mobile sync altogether. I found a nice solution from a nice piece of freesoftware called DavMail. You install in on a machine that is on the internet 24/7 (I had a server in my basement) and it'll redirect requests for the Exchange webmail server to appropriate imap, ldap, and ical ports over SSL.

    Solved all my problems. Except my new place is using Notes. Ugh, its the worst.
     

Share This Page