Bypassing the lockscreen using Siri?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LastGuardian, Sep 22, 2014.

1. LastGuardian macrumors newbie

I've read a lot about accessing contact details or posting to social networks without needing the passcode of the phone, but did not manage to find any information about bypassing the lockscreen entirely.

I was asking siri for the definition for a word and selected the option from the list given.

after which I pressed the home button to close safari and low and behold, i was back at my home screen, WITHOUT ever entering my passcode.

Has that been around for awhile? would be a big bummer to not be able to set a timer without having to enter my passcode.

2. adgjqetuo macrumors newbie

Just tried and mine asked me to unlock. Maybe your lock code wasn't timed out yet? Was your thumb on the FP scanner?

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When you activate siri, you hold your finger on the home button. With Touch ID, holding your finger on the home button unlocks the phone.

To test that this is what's causing this, try doing exactly what you did before, only use a finger that is not registered with Touch ID.