C&C On This Photo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by hmp169, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hmp169 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Straight up, tell me your exact thoughts after seeing this photo.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Interesting once I figured out what it was. Nothing that would merit a second look though.

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Dull to be honest. I like the overall concept but with a huge sea of blackness and minimal subject it is a bit of a turn off for me. I'd have preferred to see more subject.
    What were you aiming to achieve? Are you happy with it?

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

5. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

Doesn't really do much for me, but that's just personal taste.

I understand the low-key, silhouette thing, but I wonder if it isn't too much. There is so little information here that the viewer struggles to even identify the subject.

Also the yellow-green tint, was that done on purpose? I don't see where that aspect really adds. Perhaps B+W instead?

One last specific, I would clone out the little puff of smoke that's in the middle. I think it serves as a focal point for the eye, and distracts the viewer.

6. Melizard macrumors 6502

Melizard

It is a bit hard to identify the subject. If there was a bit more lighting on the face it might be easier. I like the yellow/black look myself.

7. salacious macrumors 6502a

the picture is too wide so on the left theres too much empty space, colour wise i would keep it the same, just maybe not have so much empty space..

good pic otherwise, did take me a while to see what it actually was though lol

8. Laird Knox macrumors 68000

Interesting... When I fist opened up this thread I was reading your text under the photo. From what I could see in my peripheral vision I thought it was a saxophone. Funny how the mind works sometimes. :)

When I looked straight at it I saw the smoke but it took a second before I noticed the face. Then I looked down and realized it was a jacket.

I do like the color but not sure about the background as mentioned above. I haven't decided if there is too much black or not.

Overall I do like it.

9. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

I love it, fantastic shot, I also don't mind the colour tint. A screen probably isn't the best place to view it, but printed A2 or bigger and framed I think it'd look fantastic.

10. odagled2004 macrumors newbie

Obviously I'm no pro, but as others have mentioned it is a bit difficult to see what the actual subject is at first. I think a bit more of his face would help.