C&C3 Graphic card "lines"

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Julien Aguet, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Julien Aguet macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an iMac 2008 20" 2.4GHz with an ATI Radeon HD 2600.
    I've been playing Call of Duty 4, Flatout 2 and C&C3 running Leopard without a single problem. I just recently played C&C3 again (which I haven't for some time, not since 10.5.6 update) and have ever since been experiencing the same problem, only with this game (COD 4 runs just fine and uses as much Graphic support as C&C3):

When a unit fires or gets fired upon or something moves on the screen, it's as if lines would expand eccentrically from that point across the entire screen. Either like a star or horizontally. I've set the graphic settings to minimum, in which case the line practically disappear but are still happening from time to time.
    The funny thing is this graphical issue happens only with Command & Conquer 3.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is it a card issue or a game issue? No updates have been released so far and I haven't found any threads speaking of this recent issue (don't remember having it with 10.5.5, have drivers been updated in 10.5.6?)

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips.

2. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I have the same issue

I have the same issue and am not sure how to fix it--It started around the same time as an update too--I have tried to do a reinstall and that did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!