C.V Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by doyle369, Apr 30, 2012.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Hmm. I think for your situation a CV may be too much. Do you have anything that may warrant a CV? I'm not in the design field, I'm in the medical/science field. I have 3 page CV that lists all my degrees, certications and licenses. I also have stated particular projects that I have been involve in, or lead.

If you have that, then do it. Otherwise a resume is best. I honestly don't even think any one cares anymore if your resume is more than one page, if this is your concern.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Web CVs/resumes are a great way to not even be considered for a job. The vast majority of companies that ask for resumes will want it in doc or PDF format only.

4. aicul macrumors 6502a

Resume/cv... I cannot say what is best

But if you don't have anything considered flashy, nothing prevents you from stating just that, and indicating what you learnt in these experiences.

LIke "at mcdonalds i learnt teamwork and multitasking"

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Another old favourite (but it used to get my attention when shifting through CV's) is to add the phrase "Seeking a fresh challenge" into your resume. It helps to indicate a willingness to learn, and a certain drive.

The sad truth about CV's is that many of them simply get discarded....Pay close attention to grammar, punctuation etc. And DON'T rely on a spell-checker...Far too many words in the English language are misinterpreted by software. If in doubt, use a good old fashioned dictionary.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

:rolleyes: No it doesn't. It indicates you are sending the same resume to as many potential employers as you can because you don't really know what you want to do and/or aren't qualified for the position in the first place.