c++

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by footballdude2k3, Aug 30, 2011.

1. footballdude2k3 macrumors newbie

hey guys, i am new to ios framework, i am learning c++ currently, I have done Java and VB, I know that I can program things in Java, but there is so much more power in C++ that i would like it if i could use that. i know that there is objective c and objective c++, but i would rather not have to learn the apple version if i do not have to. so can i use regular c++ and .net framework?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. footballdude2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea thats what i was scared of, so i am correct in saying that the only way to get a c based language is obj c? obviously java and python are other object languages that would work as well correct?

4. chown33 macrumors 604

What makes you think Java or Python run on iOS? Please provide a reference that states this, which led you to this belief.

To my knowledge, there is no Java on iOS. Any Python on iOS would require someone to port it second. To my knowledge, a port has not been done.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3691655/embedding-python-in-an-iphone-app

These are the languages available on iOS:
    C
    C++
    Objective-C
    Objective-C++

JavaScript is available in a web view. It is not available outside that.

5. Sykte macrumors regular

If you learn objective c you will begin posting on MSDN asking Microsoft to switch .net to objective c.

6. lloyddean macrumors 6502a

chown33,

You're a little scary sometimes you know that.

footballdude2k3,

If you're willing to spend more money there is MonoTouch otherwise there is no way (I know of) that doesn't require some Objective-C.