C++

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sOwL, May 22, 2008.

1. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

i want to leave everything "windows" behind me, so i want to get rid of my C++ compiler at windows. Does anyone knows of a reliable C++ compiler for macs? Do Xcode tools worth a try? (if they support c# coding)

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Xcode does NOT support C#. It does support C++ though.

If you want a C# compiler (and a framework to run the compiled code with) I'd look into Mono or dotGNU Portable .NET.

3. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

erm sry i meant c++. and yes, i got "mono" but when im saying a compiler i mean a compiler+editor so i can code with it :)

4. killerwhack macrumors regular

killerwhack

microsoft ---> C#

C# came from Microsoft so if you "Want to leave Microsoft behind" then why would you want C# ?

C# is just C++ with java syntax :)

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The Xcode tools are perfect for this. I use it for writing command-line stuff in C and C++. Works like a charm. :)

Xcode is a suite of tools that includes an IDE, a GUI designer, a full collection of debugging tools, and a compiler to get everything running.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Why do you need a special editor? Just use one of the command line tools (nano is my favourite but others like vim and emacs). Failing that use Text Wrangler or Smultron. Both are good programming editors.

7. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

its not the same thing dude :) and also, what to do pfff im programming C and trying few things on linux so lol i just want to loose all reasons that would make me run windows :p

8. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

im not looking for a special editor, im just looking for an editor... so ill search for those u said and pick the best