Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sOwL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Nerd Cave
i want to leave everything "windows" behind me, so i want to get rid of my C++ compiler at windows. Does anyone knows of a reliable C++ compiler for macs? Do Xcode tools worth a try? (if they support c# coding)

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
erm sry i meant c++. and yes, i got "mono" but when im saying a compiler i mean a compiler+editor so i can code with it :)
The Xcode tools are perfect for this. I use it for writing command-line stuff in C and C++. Works like a charm. :)

Xcode is a suite of tools that includes an IDE, a GUI designer, a full collection of debugging tools, and a compiler to get everything running.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
erm sry i meant c++. and yes, i got "mono" but when im saying a compiler i mean a compiler+editor so i can code with it :)

Why do you need a special editor? Just use one of the command line tools (nano is my favourite but others like vim and emacs). Failing that use Text Wrangler or Smultron. Both are good programming editors.

sOwL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Nerd Cave
C# came from Microsoft so if you "Want to leave Microsoft behind" then why would you want C# ?

C# is just C++ with java syntax :)

its not the same thing dude :) and also, what to do pfff im programming C and trying few things on linux so lol i just want to loose all reasons that would make me run windows :p

sOwL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Nerd Cave
Why do you need a special editor? Just use one of the command line tools (nano is my favourite but others like vim and emacs). Failing that use Text Wrangler or Smultron. Both are good programming editors.

im not looking for a special editor, im just looking for an editor... so ill search for those u said and pick the best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.