C2D iMac Burning speeds

xtqqtxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
49
0
On Apple's site it says the iMac can burn CDs at 24x. Does anyone know if it actually burns that fast? How long does it usually take to burn a complete 700MB CD? Also, does anyone knows how fast DVDs burn on these new iMacs?
Thanks for any replies.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,974
390
xtqqtxxx said:
On Apple's site it says the iMac can burn CDs at 24x. Does anyone know if it actually burns that fast? How long does it usually take to burn a complete 700MB CD? Also, does anyone knows how fast DVDs burn on these new iMacs?
Thanks for any replies.
The burning speeds of the iMac are listed on the Technical Specifications part of the iMac website.

My ComboDrive on my iBook is rated at 24x for CD-R burning and it takes around 4-5 minutes for a full size burn.
 

xtqqtxxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
49
0
Chundles said:
The burning speeds of the iMac are listed on the Technical Specifications part of the iMac website.

My ComboDrive on my iBook is rated at 24x for CD-R burning and it takes around 4-5 minutes for a full size burn.
Yeah that's where it says 24x. Well 5 minutes isn't bad to burn a CD but the iMac is kind of tilted so maybe it doesn't burn as fast? I dunno.
 

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
10,409
11,357
UK
xtqqtxxx said:
Yeah that's where it says 24x. Well 5 minutes isn't bad to burn a CD but the iMac is kind of tilted so maybe it doesn't burn as fast? I dunno.
The speed should take the tilt into account...
 

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.