Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afornander

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
i am going to be upgrading my C2D 17" imac in the next few weeks from 1gb to 2gb. i was planning to get it from Crucial, because ive seen them recomended many times.

i went to the website and noticed it was only $87.99 for the 2gb kit

at the apple website its $350 to upgrade, im thinkin there has to be somthing wrong here. is crucial actualy "good quality" memory at a great price? or is apple just way to expensive?:confused:

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
i am going to be upgrading my C2D 17" imac in the next few weeks from 1gb to 2gb. i was planning to get it from Crucial, because ive seen them recomended many times.

i went to the website and noticed it was only $87.99 for the 2gb kit

at the apple website its $350 to upgrade, im thinkin there has to be somthing wrong here. is crucial actualy "good quality" memory at a great price? or is apple just way to expensive?:confused:

Apple charges an exorbtant price for RAM because ... well just because they can.

You want a reputable third party RAM seller who tests and guarantees compatibility, offers a lifetime warranty, and a no cost return/replacement if it doesn't work

Crucial is good quality (if you are buying from them, use the MR link at the top of this page). Also highly recommended on MR as US RAM sellers are OWC (Macsales.com) and Data Memory Systems (www.datamem.com)

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.