C2D or i3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alexgui, Feb 26, 2010.

  1. Alexgui macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    #1
    Recently, my macbook hit the dust: The keyboard is fried, the mousepad is peeling, the LCD's light is dying, and the charger is dead. Needless to say, it's time for a new computer.

    I bought an Hp Mini netbook; it was all right, but the screen was ridiculously small and the processor was incompetent--I returned it. After looking around, I noted that I wasn't going to get the level of performance that I'd get from a MacBook Pro without compromising battery life or form-factor (both of which are large discriminants for me).

    Now, I'm considering wether or not to wait for a Core i3/i5 MacBook Pro or buy the current C2D MacBook Pro.
    I'm always a bit afraid of new Apple products because they tend to have lots of kinks that Apple later calls "solved" with some half-baked firmware fix.
    I feel that the current MacBook Pro has had a fair amount of time to have most of its kinks worked out.
    On the other hand, what a bummer it would be to buy a MacBook right now and have the new Core i3/i5 offer superior graphics, battery life, and performance.

    What do you guys think? Wait? Not wait?
     
  2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2010
    #3
    really depends if you need a laptop today or not.
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #4
    If you really need a computer now, go ahead and buy it. If you aren't a heavy user, you won't notice any difference between i3 and C2D. The waiting game may also be longer than you think as I doubt we'll see anything before iPad launch in late March so that pushes the schedule to April, probably May because 3G iPad is coming in April. So, that's at least two months but of course, that's just my guess and it could come on next Tuesday
     
  4. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

    SamTheeGeek

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #5
    I asked the same question and i got a pretty convincing answer.

    If you can wait......wait , i bet the new update is gonna be worth it.

    If you need it urgently now, i say go for it !

    If you purchased the current Macbook Pro and it does what you want it to do , there is no really a need for the update :)


    Good Luck
     

Share This Page