Cable#2 Doesn't connect to the board - 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apc0243, Apr 20, 2010.

1. apc0243 macrumors newbie

apc0243

So I have done a lot of work to this iphone that a friend bought, and its required me to disassemble the iphone quite a few times over the past few months.

Now I think I've seriously damaged it. The number 2 cable doesn't clip in. I connects and sends information if I press on it though. I discovered this when I first put it back together and I couldn't use the screen, but when I opened it back up and pressed on the Number 2 cable (the touch sensor connector), it was definitely loose, but pressure let it work and I was able to turn it off (thank god).

Is there any way I can hope to replace this? I used canned air to try and clear anything blocking the clip, but I'm not sure what to do from there. I remember before when I first replaced the touch screen I may have wiped an extremely small amount of super glue over the female connector (the screen, not the logic board). I see some on the cable itself, but not on the female pin.

I have NO clue how to solder. I don't even own the equipment to do it. Does it sound like a cable issue, or is it a logic board issue?

2. iFixYouri macrumors member

If the damage is on the board side, no. If the damage is to the connector that goes to the digitizer, replace digitizer. Can you provide pics?

3. apc0243 thread starter macrumors newbie

apc0243

I can't get pictures that don't look retarded.

But I'm not really sure what to do. I don't have another phone to test the digitizer on, so I can't be positive if it is the digitizer or the connector on the board.

4. iFixYouri macrumors member

Check the plastic parts on the board with a magnifying glass and look at the cable coming from the digitizer. Tough to say if you cant take a picture, or test w/ another digi.

5. apc0243 thread starter macrumors newbie

apc0243

Well, information can be transferred which means it isn't a damaged pin. If it's the clip, where exactly on the board do the pieces connect? Because maybe its something that can be jimmy'd to work if I can just start looking at the exact location.