Cable Extender for Wired Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SLR2009, Mar 30, 2009.

1. SLR2009 macrumors regular

Hi, I just purchased a wired Mighty Mouse but the cable is very short. What extender would work with this mouse? Thanks

2. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

hi
    I just tested 2 random usb extender cables (male usb to female usb) and both worked with my might mouse. Also it works through the apple keyboard usb ports. So i assume it will work with most, if not all usb extender cables.

Except it won't work the cable extender that comes with the apple keyboard as it has a stupid bump in it so it only works with the keyboard.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Careful application of craft knife = no stupid bump. :D

4. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Have you actually done this? or are you just guessing it would work? cause the bump looks pretty integrated into the usb port.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I remember now, it is a bit more involved than just a little knife work. :eek:

I modified the one that came with my MDD Power Mac about 6 years ago. If I remember correctly I trimmed the plastic bump and then had to flatten the metal indent.

It wasn't that difficult, but I'm a tool maker, so very experienced in the art of bodging. :D

6. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

lol. I might just give it a miss then. Got plenty of cable extenders just none that look as nice as the apple one. :rolleyes: