Cable Extension Cord On Sale

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ScubaCinci, May 12, 2010.

1. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

That is no sale, it's a scam.

Monoprice has 6ft cables for $3 and change shipped. Everyday.

3. jon snow macrumors member

I bought some of the monoprice cables. On one the piece that attaches to the dock broke. I bought three and they all are tight and difficult but not impossible to connect. At least that's been my experience with the three cables I have.

4. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I was wondering about that...you get what you pay for a lot of times. I think if used in conjunction with a dock where you are not going to plug & unplug a lot, it might be ok if they are a little tough to connect/disconnect.

5. jon snow macrumors member

The cable that broke was one used in my wife's car for her iPhone so it was constantly being used which I think led to the problem. In your scenario, it would probably be fine.

6. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

I've also experienced read/write issues with two of my Monoprice cables on my iPad.

7. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I bought the extension cables from Monoprice and Meritline. Unfortunately, both cables do not work with the keyboard/dock.

I bought the cables with the idea of putting my ipad in horizontal mode while typing.

I bought the pricier extension cable from cablejive and it does work with the keyboard dock. Upon careful inspection the cheaper cables only have three or so pins in the connectors...probably just enough for charging and syncing.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Cables/cords should only and always be bought from Monoprice.com.
    !

9. gigaguy macrumors 65816

hmm, I just ordered some extra 2' and 6' sync cables from Monoprice, also a male/female extension sync cable. and a few other items. hope I'm not disappointed. I have had mixed results from mono before, but usually pretty good.

10. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I ordered 10 six foot cables from Monoprice. They are decent as far as I can tell. With my iPhones, they're 100% reliable and no issues with build quality.

However, I don't use them on the iPad. I have had issues syncing and even charging off the wall 10w charger. These issues occurred with 3 of the cables. I stopped testing after having issues with 3 in a row. I'm guessing it's because they're 6 foot cables. The same works fine for the iPhone, but will then fail with the iPad. Maybe the iPad is more sensitive and the longer cables have too much resistance?