Cable locking iPad case with smart cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Richdmoore, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Hello, I am posting because my brother is looking for an anti-theft ipad 2 case (to chain to a desk at work) that will either work with apple's smart cover, or has same kind of screen protection with the on/off function of apple's smart cover. I searched without success, so I thought I would ask here.

Also, any general reviews of security cases would be helpful, there doesn't seem to be many reviews from long term users of these cases.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I was thinking of using the same thing. It doesn't have a lock attachment. So you will have to lock it inside a case or cabinet.

3. Xscapes macrumors regular

Apple store has those dock locked for the display iPad. The first time i saw it, i thought it was someone's iPad. Maybe go ask them to sell you one?

4. Richdmoore thread starter macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

He is looking more for a case he can pull out of his bag, and then lock to a desk via cable, rather than a display type setup. (He told me there has been many thefts over the years of items, probably some by the employees he works with, so simply locking it in a drawer is useless as many people would still have access.)

I looked at the Kingston and Griffen cases online, but neither offer any screen protection when he is carrying it, best I could think of is simply use a laptop sleeve, but he likes the on/off smart cover feature.