Cable Management

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Freis968, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I have a Mac Pro 2008 and have a ton of cables behind my desk. My cable management system is very crude. I basically just take the excess cable and wrap them with cable ties and hang them from some nails that I drove into the back of my desk.

I have cables for my speaker system, various USB cables, firewire cables, cables for my mic, guitar and keyboard that plug into the audio card in back of my Mac Pro and so on and so forth.

I know some people are very neat and tidy and into cable management, I need to be more so, and would like to read or see some pics of what you have done and get some tips if possible.

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

You can get long plastic covers that keep multiple cables together, rather than letting them go all over the place. Here is an example. They keep the cables together in one place.

3. Freis968 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Yes, I have seen those but am unable to wrap my head around how to use that with about 20 different cables of all different lengths, thicknesses, etc. If my cables were all the same length from left to right I could see how that would work.