Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Are there any kind of sleeves to cover the cables to keep them from getting dirty? They get so filthy so easily.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I suspect that black cables, given the same environment, will be just as dirty as a white cable.
(Try to un-think that idea. ;) )
There's nothing that prevents you buying your own cables - black, if that's what you prefer.
Even your desired protective sleeve will get all sticky and grungy too.

Wipe your cables down with isopropyl alcohol once or twice a year. That will do wonders.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmmm... OK.
But, I was really talking about "cable sleeves", which could be a DIY project, using whatever you might find.

I'm kind of a "go naked" laptop user, so a little bit of goo is just part of the game, I think. And, I also tend to put away original cables, if possible, as I usually prefer other lengths (maybe shorter, maybe longer, depends on my use) where Apple's cables may not necessarily be the best choice. And some are black. Got a neon pink braided cable that I just like. (bought two so if one fails (or won't come clean), I got that spare. :D

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
my exGF from Beijing had 3 and offered me one, i declined.
bad decision, i has not seen any on this side the pond.

Reactions: Yr Blues
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.