Cable won't attach to phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Orton99, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Orton99 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, came into quite a big problem with my iPhone 5s. Hopefully someone will have some ideas!

Never had any problems with my phone. Was charging fine yesterday, went out for the evening, went to charge my phone in the morning, yet the cable won't fit into the phone... I can't get the lightning cable to connect at all. I've used a manner of sharp objects to see if there's any lint, dust etc. Used an air duster. Yet I just can't get the cable in at all. What makes it worse is that I can't see any object blocking the port.

Tried searching elsewhere but doesn't seem that many people have had this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Try a different lightning cable.
    If you still can't seat the connector, there's something inside the phone that's blocking it.
    Notice that the edge of the lightning connector has tiny notches that mate with matching "springs" inside the iPhone port. If those springs won't move, then the connector won't seat.
    Take to a genius for a look.
    Or, simply find someone else who has some experience take a look at the port.
    One of those kiosks at the mall that repairs iphones can at least take a look, maybe tell you what is happening. They probably look at lots of iPhones in a day. Might be an easy fix...