Cabo San Lucas?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aricher, Apr 27, 2007.

1. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Anyone here been to Cabo San Lucas? I'm heading there next week for a birthday party (not mine). Any tips on where to go, what to do/see, where to eat/drink, etc?

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Haven't been there in ages, but it was starting to get touristed up pretty badly even twenty years ago. Really lost it's charm (for me, at least). I think by now even the Spring Breakers have moved on.

That being said, you can still have a good time just chillin'. Find any dumpy little sidewalk cafe off the main drag, have a few Pacificos, a plate of anything that is unfamiliar but looks/smells good, and you'll love it. If the shrimp hasn't been completely fished out, Filet de Camarones is always good. You've never tasted real shrimp until you've had it close to the source.

Just PLEEEAASE don't buy a sombrero! :D

3. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

I went to Cabo about a year and a half ago. There's still plenty of shrimp, and fresh tuna is averywhere.

The little sidewalk cafes in town are great and cheap.

A little more touristy, but fun, check out The Office right on the beach.

Also, Mi Casa for authentic mexican, make sure you go the the original one across from the main square in town.

There's also Samy Hagar's restaraunt/bar, The Cabo Wabo Cantina.
    We got lucky, Sammy was in town and we got a free show. Try the Cabo Wabo Tequila. I'm not much of a tequila drinker, but it was pretty tastey. The food is good too.

We stumbled on a restaraunt called the Sea Queen right in town. The food was amazing. It was more a fine dining experience, and a bit pricey, but well worth it. Check it out:

http://www.loscabosguide.com/restaurantreviews/seaqueen.htm

Oh, and if you like Ceasar salad, many of the restaraunts will bring the ingredients to your table and mix it up right in front of you.

Take a boat ride out to Lands End where the arch is at sunset, it's absolutely beautiful. They have dinner cruises, party cruises or glass bottom boats to take you out there. I think you can even rent a kayak and paddle out there.
    There is also Lover's Beach out there. Water taxis run regularly to the beach from the harbor.

We didin't do any day time trips, (we were on our honeymoon), but there are hiking or ATV trips to the desert and scuba diving. Boat trips and fising trips out into the Pacific. They should have info at your hotel about these trips.

Have fun!!!

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I went there for ten days. Got sick. As. Hell.

I did not drink the water, but I ate a salad that was washed in tap water (supposedly). This was at a "high class" (expensive) place too.

The doc there said I got "Montezuma's Revenge. All you gringos get Montezuma's Revenge".

Projectile fluids out of both ends.

But other then that it was a good trip. I'd avoid anything that goes near a tap, including the ice in drinks, or brushing your teeth.

5. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

http://www.tripadvisor.com

^^^
    VERY useful website. It helped me plan my trip to Cancun. Sort of wish I had gone to Cabo instead, but I had fun nonetheless.

6. osxnewbe macrumors regular

My first recommendation would "The Office." Its on the beach in the beach. Great food, cheap beer where you can sit, drink & people watch all day.

Mi Casa is wonderful...

I was not impressed with Cabo Wabo personally.

There is a little sidewalk bar called The Jungle Bar which is pretty cool..

There was (4 years ago) a small taco stand called Gardinas (sp?) that made WONDERFUL fish tacos for lunch. Probably the best meal I had in Cabo...

There is a great Brazilian Steak House called Brazil's...

Go on one of the booze cruises that leave nightly from the marina. They are pretty cool...

The most common beer you will find down there is Sol which is pretty good IMHO... Much better than Cornona....

Have fun!