Cabos iTunes integration not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Donz0r, May 4, 2009.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Hey,
    Supposedly Cabos is supposed to transfer your downloaded files to iTunes so that they display in a "Cabos" playlist in iTunes. This used to work fine when I used Limewire. It does not work for me. I have scowered through the settings in Cabos and I cannot find where to enable this.

I'm using version 0.8.1 on latest version of Leopard and iTunes.

Any Help?

2. rekabis macrumors newbie

RE: Cabos iTunes integration not working

I have discovered what the problem is.

For some boneheaded reason (or, at least, a reason which did not end up being explained or even mentioned to end-users - which is boneheaded itself) iTunes integration has been disabled under 10.5 Leopard.

Maybe there is a programming issue. Perhaps the integration requires a new way of doing it. However unlikely, integration has now been disabled. There is no mention of why, just a scattering of mentions on third-party web sites which properly cache the release notes of previous versions (the Cabos site itself doesn’t have any mention of this issue under Leopard).

I am pretty ticked off about this as well, seeing as Cabos runs significantly faster than Frostwire on my Wife’s old 2nd-gen 1Ghz G4 iMac (despite Cabos having Frostwire as its core… strange, but there you have it). Granted, I’ve stuck a whole 2Gb of memory in the sucker (1Gb in each of the DIMM and SIMM slots - twice Apple’s theoretical max but still usable) but the problem here isn’t RAM - it’s processing power. The unit is able to run Leopard smoothly - but only barely. We need a Gnutella client which will not suck up scads of processor time like Frostwire will.

I have already tried researching the free Gnutella clients that run under Leopard and provide iTunes integration, but except for one or two others that appear to be abandonware, Cabos is supposed to fit the bill. Does anyone know of another client (except for Frostwire) which is Mac-specific (pref. build with Objective-C, but is at least Mac-orientated, and not just a port from another platform), is free (as in free beer), and integrates with iTunes?

3. mikkiex3 macrumors newbie

all you have to do is go to file on itunes, then click add file to library. then you just find the song or album you want and add it to your library.