Cache cleaning messed up OSX?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacNoobie, Apr 7, 2009.

1. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Just ran Leopard Cache Cleaner not to long ago since I was having problems with a few programs (Lightroom 2 being the main culprit). So I ran through repairing permissions, rotating logs when I decided to do a cleaning of the caches. I did that and when I rebooted the machine still doesn't work right, I can forgive any freezing or lock ups upon reboot due to OSX creating caches again but stuff like aMSN wont work, I can work hours upon hours in Lightroom & Photoshop CS4 but as soon as I try and use Messenger (since aMSN is messed up) the system locks up for about a minute at a time every few minutes.

Yes I know cleaning caches arent a regular maintenace proceedure hence why I tried it when Lightroom went wacky but now it seems like the entire system is fritzy. Anyone know a way to reset the cache or if this continues just reinstalling OSX from the DVD?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Don't use messenger? Use Adium for it?

Uninstall offending apps and reinstall?

Try with new user account?

3. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

Adium looks nice sure but it spams people using your account, hardly something to advise to people.
    aMsn is fine i use it never crashes and my friend who uses the Microsoft version for Mac crashes all the time.:rolleyes: