Cache service not always working

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by interstella, Mar 13, 2015.

1. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

I have a late 2013 iMac running Yosemite and OS X server. I use this to cache OS X and IOS8 updates to my MacBook, iPad and iPhone as my internet connection is via satellite and is limited to 30Gb/month.

Sometimes cacheing works ok on both OS X and IOS8 and other times it doesn't. There seems to be nothing consistent about it. As an example, last night I downloaded two IOS app updates. One appears to have cached ok and, after downloading to my iPad, installed on the phone in a matter of seconds. A second app doesn't appear to have cached and had to download from the app store again.

Any ideas, please?

2. dyt1983, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

3. interstella thread starter macrumors regular

interstella

Thanks for your reply. I had thought about that and, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure with the iPhone/ipad apps. Some definitely are (I assume they are if the file size is the same). However, the iMac/Macbook apps certainly are universal and it seems to be inconsistent in cacheing these as well.

I don't recall having this problem at all with Mavericks and the previous version of server.