CAD for the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by attzaz, Dec 29, 2011.

1. attzaz macrumors newbie

attzaz

Hi to anyone that may be listening and interested,

i am an Architect by profession, and bought an iPad about 2 years ago, thinking it would come in really handy for my work... I actually thought i would be able to intuitively draw floor plans, and include the device into my workflow.... Needless to say i was severely disappointed, as i am sure many of you that are mildly trying to do similar things with the iPAD, probably have been...

i became so frustrated, that i, along with a colleague of mine, set out to create the Best CAD app (Aptly named ArchiDraw)... we are about 7 months into our journey, and things are looking really good... We've developed the software from ground up, and avoided all the nice easy stuff that Apple likes you to use to construct programmes, ie Quartz2D with Objective C, but have gone the hardcore route doing it all almost entirely in OpenGL... We have also looked to work with the best (to help produce the best), and have a team that have worked with EA, Sony, and Rockstar (yes they made Grand Theft Auto) - in fact our only objective is to make the very best App, and beat all the rest in terms of quality, performance, and intuitiveness... I don't consider what is available at the moment as competition, i wont mention any names but shame on you guys!...

So if you are interested, please post any suggestions you may have, or what you would like to see in the App, so that we can make sure we give you all what you want.. I'd love it if you visit our new website, which has only been live for a few days, and leave us a message.... We will be bolgging about our progress there, with screenshots videos etc....

Best of all, we got a little competition going, so if you subscribe to the newsletter, 10 of you stand a chance of winning a copy of the App and you get to enjoy the fruits of all our hard work for free!!!

hope to hear from you soon, even if you just pop by and say hello :)

Az

orangejuicestudios.com

2. jgonzo432 macrumors newbie

3. Mdifilm macrumors regular

I work for a civil engineering firm, the ability to oen cad files and being able to save or email or up to Dropbox would be great. Maybe the ability to open the drawing quickly or reviewing helps.