Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Not really. The only company that has a true - and decent viewer for 2D/3D CAD files is Vectorworks, but it's specific to their application files.

You'll have better luck with DXF file viewers; if you don't know what a DXF file is then you should search the web a bit or talk with the creator of the file - and ask why in the heck you don't have a DXF file. Naming the application that generated the file(s) would be helpful as well - offering "dwg file" really means little, this coming from an AutoCAD user for over 25 years...

Also, you're best "viewer" for 2D/3D is likely going to be web-based. Look into AutoCAD 360 or Microspot.

macanoman

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2015
Bosnia
A few days ago I have released my own CAD software for Mac on App Store which you can use not just for viewing but also to create and edit dxf files. There are also a few more professional CAD apps, but too expensive imho. I must admit that you have to have some basic CAD drafting knowledge. If you aren't too busy, there are many video tutorials, web pages and e-books to help you learn CAD basics in one week or even before.

If you just want to view dxf drawings I agree with @campyguy that AutoCAD 360 is the best solution. I have not tried to plot anything with AutoCAD 360, I think plot capabilities are questionable (layouts, plot scale, viewports and so on).

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Also should you wish to have a viewer on your phone or iPad, IMSI offers TurboViewer which is extremely fluid and fast. They have a free version but for $6.95 you can upgrade.

Microspot

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2016
Aylesford, UK
We offer DWG Viewer to simply view & annotate your DWG files (Free trial available) or if you are looking for more freedom to edit your DWG files then we also have a free trial of MacDraft Professional with built in DWG file support here. I see this post is a couple of months old so I hope you found what you were looking for! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.