Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

California-based company Lexani Motorcars today unveiled its latest vehicle conversion, the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Viceroy Edition.

viceroy-1-800x535.jpeg

The hyper-luxury vehicle is equipped with a wide variety of technology and entertainment options, including multiple iPad Pro tablets integrated throughout the cabin with magnetic charging docks, a Mac mini, an electronic partition with a 48-inch curved smart TV, a PlayStation 4, and a touchscreen console.

A custom 30-inch stretch transforms the vehicle into a mobile office, complete with VIP cabin upgrades, including a raised star-liner ceiling with ambient LEDs, diamond-stitched European leather reclining power seats, and airplane-style tables.

viceroy-2-800x535.jpeg

With an advanced security system and up to B7 level ballistic armoring, the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Viceroy Edition is built for the Hollywood elite, business executives, celebrities, and professional athletes. Pricing was not disclosed, but money is likely not much of an object to prospective buyers.

A video of the similar 2019 Cadillac Escalade Versailles Edition:

Article Link: Hyper-Luxury 2019 Cadillac Escalade Retrofitted With Multiple iPad Pros, Mac Mini, 48" Curved Smart TV, and More

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
What is the point of all this needless excess? A vehicle was designed to transport it’s occupants from point A to B, now we need an office and entertainment to keep our minds occupied. Here is a thought, look outside and take a break from technology. The natural world* is passing one by.

*I had to take a quick break from the natural world to convey this message through technology, now back to enjoying nature.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
What is the point of all this needless excess? A vehicle was designed to transport it’s occupants from point A to B, now we need an office and entertainment to keep our minds occupied. Here is a thought, look outside and take a break from technology. The natural world* is passing one by.

*I had to take a quick break from the natural world to convey this message through technology, now back to enjoying nature.

Have you sat inside some ultra luxury vehicles? People that are driven in these want the absolute most comfortable environment. There’s a market for them. Also, if you’re in charge of business and you need to be accessible 24/7 and have the right tools to get things done, things like these are nearly a necessity. You may argue “it can wait ten minutes or how did we get by before” except those ten minutes could cost you a business deal, client, etc.

The vehicle is made to look nice (it’s an Escalade and looks are subjective) however it’s main feature are its luxurious features on the side, which I’m sure are made with only the most premium materials.

Most People commenting on this are tech folks who are on a rumor site for Apple products. It’s ironic.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
I quite liked the constellation headlining when Rolls Royce introduced it, this seems to have taken it from a nice, subtle touch to a bit too much!

Reactions: timber

Scottsoapbox

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2014

Most SUVs never leave the city or pavement so it's only buildings and road passing one by.

Reactions: tridley68

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
How dorky :\

And that extension between the two doors on either side of the exterior of the car looks really badly implemented. The lines are all distorted.

Reactions: tridley68

timber

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
Lisbon
I quite liked the constellation headlining when Rolls Royce introduced it, this seems to have taken it from a nice, subtle touch to a bit too much!
That could be said about almost anything in that vehicle.
That's the difference between luxury and whatever that is.

Reactions: Falhófnir

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008

Nature sucks. I'd rather have my technology.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Viceroy Edition is built for the Hollywood elite, business executives, celebrities, and professional athletes. Pricing was not disclosed, but money is likely not much of an object to prospective buyers.

Ha, you gotta be kidding, pimps and drug dealers you mean, I doubt any of the above wants to be seen in this monstrosity.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I just bought one of these. Gets crappy mileage and AC is weak. Rear suspension sucks too with those low profile tires.
Sold it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.