Hyper-Luxury 2019 Cadillac Escalade Retrofitted With Multiple iPad Pros, Mac Mini, 48" Curved Smart TV, and More

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

California-based company Lexani Motorcars today unveiled its latest vehicle conversion, the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Viceroy Edition.

[​IMG]

The hyper-luxury vehicle is equipped with a wide variety of technology and entertainment options, including multiple iPad Pro tablets integrated throughout the cabin with magnetic charging docks, a Mac mini, an electronic partition with a 48-inch curved smart TV, a PlayStation 4, and a touchscreen console.

A custom 30-inch stretch transforms the vehicle into a mobile office, complete with VIP cabin upgrades, including a raised star-liner ceiling with ambient LEDs, diamond-stitched European leather reclining power seats, and airplane-style tables.

[​IMG]

With an advanced security system and up to B7 level ballistic armoring, the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Viceroy Edition is built for the Hollywood elite, business executives, celebrities, and professional athletes. Pricing was not disclosed, but money is likely not much of an object to prospective buyers.

A video of the similar 2019 Cadillac Escalade Versailles Edition:

Article Link: Hyper-Luxury 2019 Cadillac Escalade Retrofitted With Multiple iPad Pros, Mac Mini, 48" Curved Smart TV, and More

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

So gross. Not sure what the lure of Escalades is. Maybe they are quite nice inside. But they are visually unappealing.

3. Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

But then when Apple updates the iPad Pros, your car is outdated... how embarrassing.

4. ChrisMoBro macrumors 6502

ChrisMoBro

What’s the difference between a hedgehog and a limousine? With a hedgehog, the pricks are on the outside. This joke came to mind after reading this article.

5. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

Pretty confident that they could be fitted with the new ones. :rolleyes:

6. timber macrumors 6502

That isn't luxury.

Just a bunch of stuff inside a pimped pickup truck.

7. code-m macrumors 6502a

code-m

What is the point of all this needless excess? A vehicle was designed to transport it’s occupants from point A to B, now we need an office and entertainment to keep our minds occupied. Here is a thought, look outside and take a break from technology. The natural world* is passing one by.

*I had to take a quick break from the natural world to convey this message through technology, now back to enjoying nature.

8. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

For rich people who are over 80 years old, I suppose.

9. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Who doesn’t like a fully loaded pimpmobile?

10. imola.zhp macrumors 6502a

imola.zhp

Taillights still look like a hearse...

11. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502a

12. roar08 macrumors regular

roar08

That joke has to be 30-40 years old and it was originally a Porsche vs. a porcupine.

13. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Have you sat inside some ultra luxury vehicles? People that are driven in these want the absolute most comfortable environment. There’s a market for them. Also, if you’re in charge of business and you need to be accessible 24/7 and have the right tools to get things done, things like these are nearly a necessity. You may argue “it can wait ten minutes or how did we get by before” except those ten minutes could cost you a business deal, client, etc.

The vehicle is made to look nice (it’s an Escalade and looks are subjective) however it’s main feature are its luxurious features on the side, which I’m sure are made with only the most premium materials.

Most People commenting on this are tech folks who are on a rumor site for Apple products. It’s ironic.

14. Falhófnir macrumors 68030

Falhófnir

I quite liked the constellation headlining when Rolls Royce introduced it, this seems to have taken it from a nice, subtle touch to a bit too much!

15. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502a

Scottsoapbox

Most SUVs never leave the city or pavement so it's only buildings and road passing one by.

16. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

How dorky :\

And that extension between the two doors on either side of the exterior of the car looks really badly implemented. The lines are all distorted.

17. ChrisMoBro macrumors 6502

ChrisMoBro

And it still is relevant after all this time :cool:

18. timber macrumors 6502

That could be said about almost anything in that vehicle.
    That's the difference between luxury and whatever that is.

19. cocky jeremy Suspended

cocky jeremy

Nature sucks. I'd rather have my technology.

20. spentan macrumors member

I'd happily ride in this if it was Electric.

Until that, I'll enjoy my Tesla

21. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Ha, you gotta be kidding, pimps and drug dealers you mean, I doubt any of the above wants to be seen in this monstrosity.

22. StumanRH macrumors newbie

23. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

Yo dawg, I’ll be playing Gran Turismo in my ride while I ride, so I can drive while I drive.

Xzibit

24. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502a

M.PaulCezanne

If someone gave me that I’d sell it. Seriously. It just doesn’t seem to provide much utility for the cost.

25. now i see it macrumors 68030

I just bought one of these. Gets crappy mileage and AC is weak. Rear suspension sucks too with those low profile tires.
    Sold it.