caffeine like app for ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jvmxtra, Apr 7, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I noticed that while reading something from ipad 2, screen will keep dimming.
    OTHER than going to setting to change, is there app like caffeine for mbp which does the samething for ipad?

I type'd below into google but didn't get any good results.

mroogle caffeine like app for ipad

2. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

An 'app' cannot influence how the hardware / software behaves within other apps.
    What you'd need would be some kind of system tweak that requires a jailbreak.

I do think, however, that the auto dim feature is connected to the auto lock, so you might wanna try setting your SETTINGS->GENERAL->AUTO-LOCK to something beyond 2 minutes.
    That might work

Edit: oh wait, i totally overlooked that you said other than changing it in settings' ... My bad, then

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...also you may be "holding it wrong". If you cover and uncover the light sensor (above front camera) by moving your hands around that would cause dimming.

4. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Thanks guy.

I am however surprised that quick app like caffeine app for mbp has not made to iPad.

What do you do every time you want to read on iBook? Go to settings n change? That's not convenient.....

5. Treebark macrumors member

Treebark

Why don't your want to change the setting so the screen doesn't sleep for however long it takes you to read a screen in iBook or whatever app you are using? Obviously this solves your problem, but creates another problem, but what is that?

If it is the ipad stying on too long, not going into sleep mode as fast as you would like thus reducing battery runtime.....a) the ipad gets great battery performance already, I am surprised you would notice a difference in changing the setting and b) just press the sleep button on the top of the ipad if you want it to go to sleep sooner rather than later. Or if you have an ipad 2, use a case that has the sleep feature when you close the case.

6. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Thanks for good suggestion.

I know lot of people LOVE caffeine app for mbp because it's convenient and quicker than messing around w/ your settings. Why can't we have the same for ipad?

It would be very intuitive to have something like that available and I am just surprised that it's not available already.