Cal that sets an alarm?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by zonevbkr, Dec 27, 2012.

1. zonevbkr macrumors newbie

Hello

I'm looking for something that I'd think would be basic, but perhaps not:

I'd like to be able to create a calendar appointment and have that appointment create an alarm

ex:

I have a call at 5:00 PM Jan 3rd 2013, sound alarm at 4:55 PM on Jan 3rd 2013.

I'm more than happy to use the stock apps, but don't see a way to create an alarm in the calendar app.

I've tried a few alarm 3rd party apps but none seem to allow you to set an alarm for a specific date.

I've tried a few 3rd party calendar apps but none seem to really allow you to set an alarm (to me, displaying a message is not an alarm).

I've got an iPhone 5, iPad (latest) - iOS 6 on both, so guessing jailbreak isn't yet an option.

I'd just think there'd be a way to do this, but maybe because they are two separate apps it's harder than I think?

thanks,
    Chris

2. matttye macrumors 601

You can either set a reminder using the calendar app, or use the reminders app. I don't think there's any way to have calendar/reminders set an alarm. Reminders and calendar already provide audible notifications and vibrate, so I would think that would be enough!

If not, you could just set a manual alarm.