Calander "Alert Notification" Issue

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Been having this issue for quite some time now. When I go to set up my first alert (example 1 day before) and second alert (example 2 hours before) all is fine until I hit done then they reverse themselves to 1st alert: 2 hours before and 2nd alert: 1 day before (See Below).

Before save:

After save:

Anyone else have this issue?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Do you mean that the alert on the day before doesn't go off? If not, what do you mean?

Comment

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Do you mean that the alert on the day before doesn't go off? If not, what do you mean?

If it wasn't clear in the first post basically what I mean is when you input prior to saving for example:

1st alert: 1 day before
2nd alert: 2 hours before

Then when you hit done (save) it reverses; meaning the alerts become the following:

1st alert: 2 hours before
2nd alert: 1 day before

(This is shown in the two photos posted).

Comment

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
If it wasn't clear in the first post basically what I mean is when you input prior to saving for example:

1st alert: 1 day before
2nd alert: 2 hours before

Then when you hit done (save) it reverses; meaning the alerts become the following:

1st alert: 2 hours before
2nd alert: 1 day before

(This is shown in the two photos posted).
Do both alerts go off? If yes, I don't see the problem.

Comment

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Do both alerts go off? If yes, I don't see the problem.

Haven't tried it (I'll set one for tomorrow and report back). Regardless if it works or not I'm trying to see if this happens to other people as this is obviously a bug.

Comment

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Haven't tried it (I'll set one for tomorrow and report back). Regardless if it works or not I'm trying to see if this happens to other people as this is obviously a bug.
What is, ios automatically arranging alerts, naming the one nearest in time to the event the first one?

Comment

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Now, this is really weird. I tried it on the iPad and the alerts held their position as I had set them. I picked up the iPhone and when set, they reversed order as the op stated. Both devices running same IOS.

Comment

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut

What is, ios automatically arranging alerts, naming the one nearest in time to the event the first one?

What is so confusing about my original post? Idk how much simpler I can make it for you. The alerts are reversing what they are original set to after being officially saved. LOOK AT THE PHOTO it's there for a reason (reference).

----------

Now, this is really weird. I tried it on the iPad and the alerts held their position as I had set them. I picked up the iPhone and when set, they reversed order as the op stated. Both devices running same IOS.

Ok then lay not just me and thank you for understanding what I've been trying to explain and confirming the issue.

Comment

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
What is so confusing about my original post? Idk how much simpler I can make it for you. The alerts are reversing what they are original set to after being officially saved. LOOK AT THE PHOTO it's there for a reason (reference).

----------

Ok then lay not just me and thank you for understanding what I've been trying to explain and confirming the issue.
No, thank my high school reading comprehension teacher. :)

Comment

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I understand exactly what you're saying, but I'm clearly not getting through to you.

iOS has always, for me anyways, automatically arranged the alerts. That is, if I set one for fifteen minutes before, one for five minutes before and one for thirty minutes before - they will automatically be arranged so that they're listed in the order they will go off.

Now. If both alerts go off - there is no issue in terms of functionality. And unless there's an issue in terms of functionality, I don't understand what you think the problem is.

Okay?

So, now that you know that I understand what you're saying, let me rephrase:

Do both alerts go off (you can try with shorter intervals, like five and fifteen minutes - it will rearrange them as well), if so - why does it matter that iOS automatically arranges the order of your alerts?

Comment

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut

I understand exactly what you're saying, but I'm clearly not getting through to you.

iOS has always, for me anyways, automatically arranged the alerts. That is, if I set one for fifteen minutes before, one for five minutes before and one for thirty minutes before - they will automatically be arranged so that they're listed in the order they will go off.

Now. If both alerts go off - there is no issue in terms of functionality. And unless there's an issue in terms of functionality, I don't understand what you think the problem is.

Okay?

So, now that you know that I understand what you're saying, let me rephrase:

Do both alerts go off (you can try with shorter intervals, like five and fifteen minutes - it will rearrange them as well), if so - why does it matter that iOS automatically arranges the order of your alerts?

Ok thank you for clarifying that up for me that. I guess I wasn't understanding your terminology.

As far as automatically being listed in order that is exactly what is weird cause IMO in my case a day before and then 2 hours before the day before options should be first with 2 hours second but this reverses it. Now does it go off when it is suppose to I really have no clue. Haven't payed attention. Gonna try it now and post back up tomorrow.

----------

Just wanted to update. I attempted to test to see if notifications would in fact go off and when selecting tomorrow date (1/11/14) and setting my alerts as I did in the OP the alerts didn't reverse.

Before Saving:

After saving:

This is such an annoying bug...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.