Calculator App iPhone 6 blurry

hooldus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Why the calculator app build in iOS is still not retina optimized on iPhone 6s? The app looks blurry, just as every other iPhone 5 app upscaled to iPhone 6s resolution :(

Last edited:

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
it looks sharp on my 6s. I have the display zoom set as standard though. OP might wanna check your display zoom settings?

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
If it is blurry and you take a screenshot, isn't the screenshot "sharp" Isn't it only visual-blurry? Maybe a picture of the phone on the table showing blurry might be the way to go?

Reactions: Newtons Apple

hooldus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
On those screenshots the difference is good visible in full size version. The difference is also good visible on the top system bar with the time and battery charge.

Attachments

nceo

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
I have the exact same issue on my 6s, but not only with the calculator app. Wallet shows the same strange "zoom" and the cards in there are way too big for the screen, so I can't use them. I already tried it with a restart and switching between zoom/standard zoom display. Nothing helped so far...

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
I have the exact same issue on my 6s, but not only with the calculator app. Wallet shows the same strange "zoom" and the cards in there are way too big for the screen, so I can't use them. I already tried it with a restart and switching between zoom/standard zoom display. Nothing helped so far...
This might explain why: https://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/01/zoom-display-bug-iphone-6s/
------​
On those screenshots the difference is good visible in full size version. The difference is also good visible on the top system bar with the time and battery charge.
I do see a difference in the screenshots. Definitely a software bug.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I couldn't see the difference on my phone, but after looking at the pic on my iMac, I do see a slight difference, but not much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.