Calculator icon is blank...why and how to fix?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HXGuy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

This is weird...I jailbroke yesterday and everything was working fine but just now, I noticed the Maps icon was all white, so I rebooted and it fixed it, but now the Calculator icon is all white and rebooting doesn't fix it.

Anyone else with this problem?

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

There were similar problems with the IP4 tethered jailbreak, before the Corona untether came out. The respring app from the BigBoss repository helped a lot, but did not cure the problem completely. Eventually a bug fix for Activator (I think) fixed it. It is likely to be a bug, and it is likely to get fixed eventually. In the meantime, try the Respring app, it rebuilds some kind of icon cache before respringing the phone. It is a long shot, but it just *could* work.

3. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

4. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

A few more phone reboots fixed the problem. Weird.

5. GaMeFaNaTiC macrumors newbie

6. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Yeah, try this first:

SBSettings > System Settings > Fix User Dir Permissions > Fix Me

But "fix me" didn't work for me. I had to SSH into phone, find app directory, rename icon, then rename it back. Weird, but it worked after resprings and reboots and fix me, all didn't work.

Seems to happen randomly to different apps. Still, the only issue I've had with this jailbreak...been awesome!