Calculator in Notification Centre

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by MarkW19, Apr 20, 2015.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Hi guys,

I've put the calculator in Notification Centre in Yosemite, and I use it regularly throughout the day for my work. It generally works well, but I'd prefer to be able to press 'x' on the keyboard for multiply, rather than '*' (which also requires Shift), which I use a lot. I know this is standard for the calc app as well, but I'm just wondering if someone knows if there's something I can do to change this in NC?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

2. dyt1983, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: to remove personally identifying information not relevant to thread.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Just curious, why bother with the NC calculator app? I find using Spotlight is much quicker, plus I never need to take my fingers off the keyboard.

4. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

This. I've been using Spotlight and Alfred for calculations as well as it's definitely more efficient.

5. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

I do use Spotlight for quick sums etc., but when I'm working out quotes and percentages and doing something more long-winded and involved, using the calc app (or in NC) is more suitable...just wish I could change the * usage! I've used the Calc app and also in Dasboard before, but ideally wanted to use it in NC as it's very handy...

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Ah, that makes sense. Hopefully you find a way to use x instead of *. Being able to skip the Shift key would make things a tad quicker.