macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Comment

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Finally a thunderbolt enclosure that you can put your own HDD or SSD into. It was announced in April so hopefully will be available soon. This could be a good alternative to taking your iMac apart to put in your own SSD.

http://www.CalDigit.com/Thunderbolt/T1T2.html#T1

I really like the dual drive T2.
That single drive setup looks particularly nice with the removable drive. Do you have any pricing info?

Comment

alksion

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Since it's Caldigit it won't be cheap, but at least it will be decent stuff. Their USB 3 devices are not exactly cheap.
Yeah but their quality and performance is top notch. I can also attest to their customer service, excellent. I actually never heard of them and someone on these forums turned me on to them.

I bought the AV drive and love it, but I'll be giving it to my brother when this is released.

Definitely would recommend over LaCie or G-Drive.

Comment

theSeb

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
Yeah but their quality and performance is top notch. I can also attest to their customer service, excellent. I actually never heard of them and someone on these forums turned me on to them.

I bought the AV drive and love it, but I'll be giving it to my brother when this is released.

Definitely would recommend over LaCie or G-Drive.
Indeed. If it was available, I would get the two drive unit, but I need one immediately for off-site video work so I am getting a Lacie 2Big this week. I already have a Pegasus at my office, but the Olympics mean that I will not be setting foot in London for the next 2.5 weeks.

Comment

jji7skyline

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2011
I remember seeing this early this year. I still don't see anywhere that stocks it though.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.