Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Wow this is annoying. I use MobileMe so my calendars etc are in sync across devices. I love it. But something weird has started happening on my iPad. If I add an event on my iPhone (e.g. BBQ on Saturday), I expect the iPad calendar to have the same information. But when I check the iPad, I have a BBQ, and another BBQ on that day. Look back at the app a few minutes later and there is another one. This keeps happening. Apparently, I could have 5-6 BBQs that day. It's like it checks the cloud to see what events I have, then adds them, even if they had already been added. I keep deleting them only for them to come back.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Anyone else experienced this and fixed it?

Thanks for reading.

rmg007

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
Go to Settings...Mail, Contacts, Calendars...Calendars...Default Calendar. Then make certain that only one calendar is selected. Do that on your other devices as well, including Mobile Me.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Go to Settings...Mail, Contacts, Calendars...Calendars...Default Calendar. Then make certain that only one calendar is selected. Do that on your other devices as well, including Mobile Me.

Done. Any other suggestions?

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
If you change an appointment time, MobileMe doesn't handle that very well. It will add the new appointment time on synced devices, but still leave the original appointment!

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
If you change an appointment time, MobileMe doesn't handle that very well. It will add the new appointment time on synced devices, but still leave the original appointment!

That's kind of what's happening, but I'm not changing anything. I'm just creating a new appointment. But that one appointment will be added over and over again on all the devices. I can delete them but they just keep coming back.

If I don't get a solution, I'm not going to be syncing calendars anymore.

PeckhamBog

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
London
I had a similar thing on my iPhone 3GS when I got it last year. There's an article on Apple's support site. I think from memory it was - only set MobileMe to sync, not any other calendars. Then delete the other device calendars. Then MobileMe will create/populate the calendar over the air to the other devices. Please check the support page for the specific instruction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.