Calendar Alert Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dustrho, Dec 20, 2013.

1. dustrho macrumors newbie

dustrho

I have a calendar event I created on my iPhone 5 that recurs daily, and I don't want any notifications to come along with it. After creating the event there's a 15 minute alert that happens now for all future occurrences of this one daily recurring event. I don't want any notifications, so I tried removing it, saved the change for all future events, and it's still there. I tried changing it in Google Calendar on a computer without the notification, but it stills show up on my phone.

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone else experience this? I have 15 minute alert as my default setting on my phone, but I want that setting for most of my events. I just don't want it for this event.

2. i5r431 macrumors newbie

Yep same problem here. Every time I create an event on calendar to my google calendar, it goes on and put 2 30mins alerts, even though I already selected none when creating it.

Have to always go into the event after and remove the alerts and that annoys me because sometimes it won't register that I just removed the alert until I do it again.

3. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

Try removing the event entirely, then on Google Calendar on a computer recreate the whole event instead of editing the one that was still giving an alert. Hope this helps.