Calendar Alert Issue

dustrho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
I have a calendar event I created on my iPhone 5 that recurs daily, and I don't want any notifications to come along with it. After creating the event there's a 15 minute alert that happens now for all future occurrences of this one daily recurring event. I don't want any notifications, so I tried removing it, saved the change for all future events, and it's still there. I tried changing it in Google Calendar on a computer without the notification, but it stills show up on my phone.

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone else experience this? I have 15 minute alert as my default setting on my phone, but I want that setting for most of my events. I just don't want it for this event.

i5r431

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
Yep same problem here. Every time I create an event on calendar to my google calendar, it goes on and put 2 30mins alerts, even though I already selected none when creating it.

Have to always go into the event after and remove the alerts and that annoys me because sometimes it won't register that I just removed the alert until I do it again.

harrisonw1998

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
Try removing the event entirely, then on Google Calendar on a computer recreate the whole event instead of editing the one that was still giving an alert. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.