All iPads Calendar alert settings

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RestUnknown, Mar 27, 2012.

1. RestUnknown macrumors regular

Hi all

On Mac OS X you can choose at how much minutes or hours before you can have an alert shown. On the iPad it appears you can only choose a maximum of 2 hours before jumpng to one day.

Is it possible to have it like Mac OS, so I can choose my own hour?

Thanks!

2. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

No. Sorry.

3. RestUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

4. Agile55 macrumors regular

Agile55

Slight Thread Drift But Need More Wisdom So ......

In alert settings whenever I set two alerts (for the same appt) they are *almost* always inverted after I close the new calendar note I made.

Hope I was clear here, something that cropped up after iOS5, any suggestions as I feel there is an easy fix for this.

5. TLewis macrumors 65816

While you can't set it from iOS, it can be set elsewhere and iOS will show it. In google calendar, for example, you can set a reminder time of 4 hours from the web page, and it'll be properly shown in the iOS calendar app, once sync'd (this assumes that you use google sync).

6. RestUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I figured that out with appointments I made on my mac, but now I make most of them on the iPad...

Frustrating

7. Agile55 macrumors regular

Agile55

Maybe It's Been Covered Already But ........

OK I may have missed the answer so time for a bump here.

Currently running iOS6 on a pad4 & iP5, still using google cals & Safari w/ the same calendar inversion issues as described above.

Anyone have an easy workaround or suggestion for me?

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I use an app on my iPhone called Week Cal. It allows you to set an alert at any time interval (completely customizable). It's not an iPad-specific app but it'll at least work on the iPad.

9. Agile55 macrumors regular

Agile55

Sorry for the necro but wanted to thank xraydoc as I went w/ the week cal HD on the iPad4. It's GTG (should I doubt him, he's a demi after all) & I may add it's cousin to my iP5 this week as well.