Calendar alerts alerting at random times..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hermes Monster, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Sorry if this has been posted before, I searched but couldn't find anything..

Basically when I have a calendar event, and set an alert for it (usually five minutes before), it doesn't work and goes off several hours later - which is usually the middle of the night :mad:

I could understand if it was one hour either way, due to daylight savings - but this is like 6,7,8 hours off, and has gotten me into trouble a few times :p

Anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it?

2. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Check your time zone support in settings. Make sure it's on the correct one.

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Do this. It could be the problem.

I remember this happened to me a long time ago. It somehow got changed and my times were always off.

4. Hermes Monster thread starter macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Thanks guys, it's set to London time (I'm in the UK so this sounds right), I've changed it to automatic to see if that helps...:rolleyes:

5. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Are you using MobileMe for your calendar?

The reason that I ask is because if you do, it's the time zone setting in MobileMe that you have to change on the computer not the phone. You could have the correct timezone setting on the phone but MM has it set to say Cali.

If your syncing a calendar at all you may want to check that setting on whatever your using. I don't know if it syncs like that with anything else other than MM.

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

+1

7. Hermes Monster thread starter macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Nope, not syncing my calendar with anything I'm afraid - worrying how many known bugs there are :eek: