Calendar and Accuweather Widget Font

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by omnibahumut, Aug 23, 2007.

1. omnibahumut macrumors newbie

I got my MBP only a couple of days ago , but noticed that my Calendar and Accuweather widgets seem to have changed the font style.

[​IMG]

The numbers are hollow, instead of solid, which makes it hard to read. Is this normal, and is there any way to change it?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nah, it's not normal... Have you installed or removed any fonts? Have you used any apps to remove system components?

3. omnibahumut thread starter macrumors newbie

I've installed quite a few fonts, as I use them for Graphic design. I haven't used any programs to uninstall anything. Well I figured out out how to fix it. I assumed that the dashboard was some kind of Helvetica font, so I looked through my fontbook. Found a Helvetica outline, disabled it and ghat solved it.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Whoa, that looks cool. Didn't know you can mess with the look of Dashboard widgets that easily.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good work on the solution. I'm still a little worried as to why Dashboard started using that font in the first place, so keep an eye out for other strange font issues on your system. :)

6. omnibahumut thread starter macrumors newbie

Font Issues

Well you might be interested to know that I do have some other interesting font problems. My first detection of a font problem was with Adium. F I don't recall what the default font is for Adium, but I wanted to change it to Helvetica (this year is Helvtica's 50th birthday :p). I noticed that when I chose Helvetica, that it strangely would change itself to Helvetica Fractions whenever I started to type. Again, I had to disable the font .

Right now the only font-related issue I have is with certain text forms on the web. This and google docs are ones I can think off off the top of my head that have the problem. I've experienced it in Camino and Firefox, but not Safari.

What I get is the cursor starts tto fall behind where I'm actually typing, though the text wil really be where it needs to be, if that makes sense. Also, if I backspace at all, it doesn't disappear on screen, and then when I type again, it starts to distort the text in strange ways. Makes for typing in certain text fields (including this one) with firefox or camino rather challenging.

Here is an example of me typing into this form, and then backspacing.

[​IMG]

7. lowazzgolf macrumors newbie

i got this exact same problem.

i ran the font validator. it came up with no errors, just warnings. i removed all of them but the problem is still there..

:(

edit: upon a restart it fixed it